We are committed to:
- Providing prompt and courteous service
- Maintaining open lines of communication with our community
- Listening and looking to the needs of our community for direction
We are committed to:
- Being fiscally responsible
- Continually improving service to our community
- Representing the City in a professional manner
- Acting with integrity
- Keeping our services proactive
- Providing accurate and consistent service
- Creatively planning for our community's future
- Treating all people with fairness, honesty and compassion
- Listening with patience
- Respecting the different needs of all members of our community
- Being loyal to ourselves, the City and our community
- To enforce the laws and ordinances of the city.
- To appoint and remove, with certain restrictions, all directors of departments.
- To attend all meetings of the City Council with the right to take part in the discussion but with no right to vote.
- To recommend to the Council for adoption such measures as he may deem necessary or expedient.
- To prepare and submit to the corporate authorities such information as may be necessary to assist the Mayor and the Council in adopting an annual budget.
- To require all officers and department heads to submit necessary information for the purpose of preparing budget estimates.
- To appoint, to remove and to fix the compensation of all appointed officers and employees not otherwise provided for.
- To prescribe rules and regulations for the conduct of the various departments of the city and divisions thereunder.
- To perform such duties as may be prescribed by state statute, municipal code, ordinance or resolution of the Council.
Municipal GovernmentThe municipal government in Elmhurst is a multi-service organization, providing a variety of services designed to meet the public needs. The City Manager interacts with the head of each department to formulate and direct operational procedures.
City administrators are readily available to the public and welcome the opportunity to meet with Elmhurst residents. The goal of the City management is to provide the best possible services to the public.