Early voting in the consolidated election begins at City Hall March 22nd
What to expect when you arrive at City Hall to vote…
On the April 6, 2021 ballot, the following City Council seats will be voted on: Mayor (1), City Clerk (1), City Treasurer (1), 1st Ward Alderman (2), 2nd Ward Alderman (1), 3rd Ward Alderman (1), 4th Ward Alderman (1), 5th Ward Alderman (1), 6th Ward Alderman (1), 7th Ward Alderman (1). City Hall will be an early voting site for the April 6, 2021, General Election. DuPage County residents can visit the Council Chambers in City Hall (209 N. York St.) beginning March 22, 2021 through April 3, 2021 for early voting. The hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 7:00 pm and Saturdays 9 am – 5 pm. For additional locations and extended hours, please visit the DuPage County Election Commission or call DuPage Election Commission at 630-407-5600.
City staff has designed a plan with the health and safety of voters, City Hall visitors and employees in mind. Early voters can expect the following organized process when entering City Hall to vote:
· The EAST SIDE “VOTER ENTRANCE” will be designated as the entrance for voting. Employees and the non-voting public will use the main entrance/exit through the City Hall lobby.
· Greeters will be stationed at City Hall to guide foot traffic. Voters will be asked to follow the greeter’s direction while wearing a mask and standing 6 feet apart from other voters. Ample signage will be positioned inside and outside of City Hall to direct voters. Voters should anticipate waiting in lines, both inside and outside of the building.
· Upon entering City Hall, voters will be directed to either use the elevator or the staircase to make their way to the Council Chambers to vote. Clearly marked floor decals will indicate social distance standing positions.
· When voters leave the Council Chambers, they will be directed to use the main/front staircase and exit City Hall through the main east lobby door.
· City Hall will frequently be cleaned with a UV disinfectant. Sanitizing stations, stanchions, social distancing floor decals and signage will be placed throughout City Hall.
· Voters should plan to park at City Hall or nearby at the Addison Street Parking Deck or on adjacent side streets.
· Voters are reminded of the importance of acting kind and courteous by following these directions to keep fellow voters safe during the challenges of this pandemic.
Do you plan on voting by mail by using the drop off box at City Hall?
Vote by mail ballots may also be dropped off at a drop box located inside the “Voter Entrance” of City Hall starting March 22, 2021 through April 3, 2021 during early voting hours, Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 7 pm and Saturdays 9 am – 5 pm. Greeters will ask voters if they planned to vote using the drop box. These voters will be escorted to a different line to vote by mail using the drop box.
For additional locations and extended hours, please visit https://www.dupageco.org/earlyvoting/ or call DuPage Election Commission at 630-407-5600.