December 2, 2020 at 7 PM CST – 8:30 PM CST
The City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth is hosting a series of "Youth Issues During Covid". Our first virtual event is: "Anxiety in kids during COVID-19"Join mental health experts from Rogers Behavioral Health in Hinsdale for an eye-opening evening discussing ways parents can address and support the needs of children who are suffering from anxiety during this unprecedented time.
During this event, you will:
- Learn about common signs of anxiety in school-age children and teens
- How can parents help their child in distress related to school anxiety and refusal
- What can parents do to help in the moment
- Discover the importance of appropriate responses and how they differ from accommodation
- Gain tools for managing anxiety and self-care
- Normalize anxiety during this unprecedented time
- Take a part in an informative Q&AThe event will take place live on Elmhurst TV. Please email any questions to Jackie.Haddad-Tamer@elmhurst.orgBrandon DeJong, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and clinical supervisor at Rogers Behavioral Health in Hinsdale. Dr. DeJong trains and supervises behavioral specialists and therapists who work in partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient levels of care. His clinical focus is on treating anxiety disorders. Kalyna Melnyk, MS, LPC, is a licensed professional counselor and family therapist at Rogers Behavioral Health in Hinsdale. Kalyna works with families, schools, and outpatient providers to coordinate care for patients, as well as working with the interdisciplinary team at Rogers to ensure patients receive the best care during their stay.