The City of Elmhurst’s Commission on Youth is currently seeking nominees for its Youth Volunteer of the Year Award!
- Volunteer must be an Elmhurst resident (Elmhurst address) live within School District 205 boundaries or attend an Elmhurst school.
- Volunteer must be elementary school age through senior in high school.
- The award is focused on individual achievement.
- The service must be voluntary and unpaid.
- The service must have occurred between March 13, 2020 and the present
- The service must be COVID-19 related.
Note: Family and self-nominations will not be accepted.
Examples of types of service:
- Arts & Culture: Efforts involving museums, performing arts, historical sites and programs; ethnic and cultural exploration and education programs; awareness and education for the arts.
- Community Service: Service to improve a neighborhood or community.
- Education/Literacy: Service in schools or community-based learning programs from youth to seniors.
- Environment: Environmental education, public awareness, protection and/or enhancement.
- Health and Special Needs: Service providing physical and/or mental health care; substance-abuse prevention and/or rehabilitation.
- Human Needs: Child care; youth and community recreation; services to the elderly, people with disabilities, families, and/or children; assistance to homeless or impoverished persons/families; veterans/military families; housing and short-term crisis resolution; or social services.
- Public Safety/Disaster Management: Education about safety, assistance in disaster preparedness or helping victims of natural disaster.
- Social Justice/Advocacy/Economic Opportunity: Efforts to bring together diverse groups within the community that focus on creating and strengthening social ties and/or promote equity and justice.
- Recognition of all Volunteers:
- The recipient will be recognized at city hall during a city council meeting with their guests also present.
There are some amazing kids doing wonderful service for others in Elmhurst. Please consider nominating an individual in elementary school through high school. For more information and to obtain the nomination forms, please visit https://www.elmhurst.org/1291/Exemplary-Youth-Service-Award.
The youth commission will coordinate the review and selection of Exemplary Youth Service Volunteers. Selection of exemplary volunteers is done via a blind review process. Nominations will be accepted until February 1, 2021. Questions email Jackie at Jackie.Haddad-Tamer@elmhurst.org.