Early Voting at City Hall begins October 19th.
What to expect when you arrive at City Hall to vote.
DuPage County residents can visit the Council Chambers in City Hall (209 N. York St.) beginning October 19, 2020 through October 31, 2020 for Early Voting for the November 3, 2020 General Election. The hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 7 pm and Saturdays 9 am – 5 pm.
City staff has designed a plan with the safety of voters, City Hall visitors and employees in mind.
Early voters can expect the following organized process when entering City Hall to vote:
- The EAST SIDE “VOTER” ENTRANCE will be designated as the ONLY ENTRANCE for voting. Employees and the non-voting public will use the main entrance/exit through the City Hall lobby.
- Greeters will be stationed at City Hall to guide the foot traffic. Voters will be asked to follow the greeter’s direction while wearing a mask and standing 6 feet apart from other voters. Ample signage will be positioned inside and outside of City Hall to direct voters. Voters should anticipate waiting in lines, both inside and outside of the building.
- Upon entering City Hall, voters will be directed to either the elevator or up the staircase to the Council Chambers to vote. Voters will not be allowed to stand in line on the staircase. Clearly marked floor decals will indicate standing positions.
- When voters leave the Council Chambers, they will be directed to use the main/front staircase and exit City Hall through the main east lobby door.
- City Hall will frequently be cleansed with UV disinfecting at City Hall. Sanitizing stations, stanchions, social distancing floor decals and signage will be placed throughout City Hall.
- Voters should plan to part at City Hall or nearby at the Addison Street Parking Deck or on adjacent side streets.
- 7Voters are reminded of the importance of acting kind and courteous by following these directions to keep fellow voters safe during the challenges of this pandemic.
Do you plan on voting by mail by using the drop off box at City Hall?
Vote by mail ballots may also be dropped off at a drop box located inside the “Voter Entrance” of City Hall starting October 19, 2020 through October 31, 2020 during early voting hours, Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 7 pm and Saturdays 9 am – 5 pm. Greeters will ask voters if they planned to vote using the drop box. These voters will be escorted to a different line to vote by mail using the drop box.