The City of Elmhurst and Elmhurst Park District are partnering with SCARCE (School & Community Assistance for Recycling and Composting Education) for the annual holiday lights recycling program that will run from Monday, November 12, 2018 through Friday, January 18, 2019.
Residents may recycle their holiday lights in bins with the “Holiday Lights” stickers at these locations:
- Elmhurst City Hall, 209 N. York Street: M-F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Courts Plus, 186 S. West Avenue: M-F, 6 a.m. - 10 p.m., Sat/Sun 6:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Park District Administrative Building, 375 W. First Street: M-F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The Abbey, 407 W. St. Charles Road: M-Th, 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.; F, 8:30 a.m. - 12 noon
- Wager Community Center – 615 N. West Avenue – M-F, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sat. 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Acceptable items include: Italian mini-lights, traditional lights, extension cords, rope lights, and LED lights in both working and non-working condition. Lawn ornaments or other holiday decorations will not be accepted.
Call Anne Scheppele at (630) 993-8941 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Additional information about recycling is available from SCARCE at www.scarceecoed.org or visit www.elmhurst.org for information about recycling in Elmhurst.