The City recently launched a program where online requests can be made for overnight parking, allowing a more convenient and user-friendly way to request overnight parking on city streets. The City’s policy is to restrict parking on all City of Elmhurst streets between the hours of 3:00 am and 6:00 am 7 days a week. In the past, residents and visitors needed to call the Elmhurst Police Department to request permission to park on the street during the restricted hours. The convenient online application is available on the City’s website. To request overnight parking permission and avoid a citation, residents and visitors can use the online request form, which can be accessed through www.elmhurst.org/overnightparking .
When requesting online permission, you will need to provide your name, the make, model, year, color, and license plate for each of your vehicles, as well as the address where the car will be parked and the reason for the request.
- Overnight parking will not be granted when there is snowfall of 2 inches or more.
- All requests must be entered before 3:00 am. Any requests after 3:00 am may be subject to a parking citation.
- Each household is limited to a maximum of five (5) nights for overnight parking within a 30-day period.
- When entering the address of the request enter the numeric first and scroll for the street name.
- Residents can request up to 3 nights permission and must state a reason for parking on the street. (i.e. Driveway Repair, Overnight Guest, Disabled)
- Any special requests and requests over the 3 night limit should please contact the police department at 630-530-3050.
Residents and visitors who do not have Internet access or need assistance with the online program may still call 630-530-3050 to request overnight parking permission.