The officers of the Elmhurst Police Department embrace a community oriented policing philosophy best summarized by our motto, “Providing the Best.” The Elmhurst Police Department is currently accepting applications to participate in its police officer eligibility process. To accomplish the hiring of the best persons of character and ability, candidates will be required to successfully complete a rigorous hiring process that begins with a written exam and physical agility test.
Applicant Minimum Requirements
• Must be a citizen of the United States;
• Must be 21 years of age, and under 35 years of age at time of application, or otherwise exempt by statute;
• High School diploma or equivalent high school education;
• Forty-five (45) semester hours of college credit (100 level or above) from a regionally accredited college or university;
• Valid Driver’s License;
• Valid Peace Officers Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) issued by the testing date. POWER test report cards considered valid if issued within (6) six months prior to testing date (May 19, 2016 – November 19, 2016);
• $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
Interested candidates must apply online at recruitment.iosolutions.org by 4:00 p.m. October 21, 2016. The written exam and candidate orientation will be held on Saturday, November 19, 2016 at York High School, 355 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL.
By Authority of
Chief Michael R. Ruth
Elmhurst Police Department