The primary mission of the Building and Code Enforcement Division is to effect the orderly processing of permit applications and subsequent inspections for all building activity within the community; and also to monitor and pursue compliance with standards of the adopted codes.
This mission is fulfilled by:
- Monitoring all building activity within the community by means of plan review, permit issuance and construction inspection.
- Counseling prospective builders and developers relative to code requirement and life/safety issues.
- Responding to complaints for violations of the Municipal, Property Maintenance or series of adopted Building and Life Safety Codes.
- Reviewing and issuance of Public Works permits, providing inspections and documenting that activity.
WHEN SUBMITTING TO THE CITY OF ELMHURST PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING TO THE LOCATIONS LISTED BELOW:
Permit Applications, Plans, Scope of Work and or Plat of Survey:
- Submit to: email@example.com
Bonds and Licenses:
- Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit by: Mail with payment to City of Elmhurst, Community Development, 209 N York St, Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Submit in person at City Hall with payment
- Submit to: email@example.com
Duct Test/Manual J/Blower Door/Visual Reports:
- Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org