Zoning and Planning Commission
- Regular term - five years
- Nine members
- Council consent needed
MeetingsThe Zoning and Planning Commission meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 7:00 PM. The schedule for 2021 meetings of the Elmhurst Zoning and Planning Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals are scheduled as follows:
Schedule Updated January 22, 2021
Meetings of this Commission are scheduled for 7:00 PM unless changed and noticed accordingly. Meetings are scheduled to end at 10:00 PM unless a majority of the Z&P Commission/ZBA votes to extend the meeting.
Meetings of this Commission are held in the Council Chambers at City Hall unless changed and noticed accordingly. During the Covid-19 Pandemic, additional conference rooms may be used in addition to the Council Chambers to provide for appropriate social distancing. In addition, Commissioners may be participating via electronic means.
Some meetings may be cancelled, or additional meetings scheduled, as the situation dictates. Additional regular meetings may be needed of this Commission and will be scheduled and noticed accordingly. If any other meetings of this Commission are needed, they will be subject to the call of the Chair or three members of the Commission and so noticed.
*Due to the 2021 Consolidated General election and scheduled City Council meetings, there may be meetings that begin at 8:00 PM, are held in a location other than the Council Chambers at City Hall, or rescheduled. Changes will be noticed accordingly.
The Zoning and Planning Commission shall have the powers and duties designated in the Illinois Municipal Code (65 ILCS 5/1-1-1 et seq.), and as set forth in the Elmhurst Zoning Ordinance.
Zoning & Planning Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals Rules and Procedures
- Meeting Start Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Length of Meeting: 3 hours, unless there is a majority vote of the Z&P Commission/ZBA to extend the meeting.
- Interested Parties Time Limit: 5 minutes for oral testimony, excluding time needed for response to Commissioner questions or cross examination. There is no limit to the amount of written testimony entered into the public record.
- Deliberation: Z&P Commission/ZBA deliberation is open to the public, but no public comment is taken during deliberation.
* Public Comment Agenda Item: This is an opportunity to address the Commission on any matter. Comments are limited to three minutes. Please note that comments during this time will not be part of the public record and/or deliberations for a zoning case.
|| Term Expires
|| Home Phone
|| (630) 279-9796
|| (630) 941-3544
|| (630) 832-1690
|Susan Rose, Chair
|| (630) 834-4997
New! Zoning and Planning Commission agendas and minutes will now be on Board Docs effective for the March 3, 2020 meetings. Please click the link below to view meeting materials.
Agendas prior to March 2020
Agendas and Minutes prior to March of 2020 are Archived at the links below.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes prior to March 2020
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All