- City Services
- Permit Parking
The City of Elmhurst has launched a new online parking system for paid permits as of January 1, 2022. Sticker permits will no longer be issued. Your license plate will serve as your permit. The online application will be available on December 17, 2021 to purchase 2022 permits.
The new system allows you to apply, pay, and manage paid parking permit(s) digitally. Sticker permits will no longer be used. The new system uses license plate numbers as virtual permits. Each permit will be connected with one license plate number. If you interchange your vehicles, you must log-in to the online system to identify the license plate number of the parked vehicle.
Major Changes between sticker permits and license permits:
Sticker permit displayed in vehicle
License plate serves as permit
Stickers can be placed in any vehicle
If you are using a different vehicle, you must log-in to the online portal to identify the parked vehicle’s license plate number.
Submit everything by mail/fax/in person
Submit everything through online portal
Receive invoice for credit card payment; can pay by cash or check
Complete credit/debit card payment through permit portal
Must complete new paper application to renew permit
Receive renewal information by email and renew through online portal
Technology and Payment Requirements:
To use the online permit system when applying for an Employee Permit, you must be able to upload a current paystub or letter from the business owner. 2 MB is the maximum size for files. The online permit system supports the upload of:
- Images - JPG, PNG
Additional requirements are access to computer or smart device. The online permit system is compatible with Google Chrome and the latest version of Microsoft Edge.
If you are not able to upload electronic versions of your supporting documents or do not have a computer or smart device, please contact City Hall at 630-530-3000.
The online permit system accepts the following payment types:
- Credit card: Visa or Mastercard
- Debit card
If you are unable to pay with the accepted payment types, please contact City Hall at 630-530-3000.
Refunds will not be issued once a permit has been processed.
Gather Supporting Documents
Applicants applying for Employee Permits (Full & Part Time) must provide proof of active employment within the business district by submitting a current paystub or letter from the business owner.
Prepare and Apply
- Login and make your profile. You can opt to receive SMS and email notifications related to your permit.
- Select your permit type. See a list of permit types and descriptions below.
- You will be prompted to make your payment through the online permit system. Please view one of the tutorials to view the payment process.
- Once purchased, you are authorized to park your vehicle in lots assigned to your permit type. Your permit is tied to your license plate.
- Manage your permits if you need to. You can update license plates, buy more permits, renew a permit and make other changes all through the online permit system.
- Entering license plates: Do not include dashes, spaces, or names of other states when entering in license plate information. If you have a specialty plate that includes two or three vertical letters to the right of the plate number, those letters must be included as part of the license plate number. If you have a truck plate, you do not need to include the letter B or D that is to the right of the plate number.
The plate above would be entered as: USAAR
The plate above would be entered as: BEARSBD
LINK TO APPLY FOR OR MANAGE PERMITS IN THE ONLINE SYSTEM