Seagrave Pumper This 1921 Seagrave pumper is one of the first gasoline powered fire apparatus purchased by the City of Elmhurst. It was purchased in February of 1921 for $9,750. The first call made by this vehicle was at the home of August Hinz on Larch Avenue.
Owners The engine served the City until the 1950’s when it was sold and spent 40 years in a private fire apparatus museum in Wisconsin. In 1995 it was purchased by a private collector in St. Louis.
Elmhurst Firefighters Local 3541 returned the engine to Elmhurst in September of 2003. Now a cooperative effort between the City of Elmhurst and Local 3541 is in the process of restoring this vehicle.