The City of Elmhurst Zoning and Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on the Draft Subarea Plan on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at City Hall, 209 N. York Street at 7:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend and provide input.
The Elmhurst subarea plans will help direct improvements and investment for five key areas of the community. The vision for these areas will have a direct impact guiding decision-making in the future. The plans will include recommendations for land use, transportation, infrastructure, character, and sense of place for each district. The areas of focus are:
• Lake Street, west of York Street;
• The intersection of North Avenue and Route 83;
• The block northwest of the intersection of First and York streets;
• The blocks surrounding the intersection of York and Vallette streets; and
• The district bounded by Butterfield Road, Roosevelt Road, and York Street.
The initial planning phases began in April 2017, with a visioning on August 29, 2017 and an Open House introducing the draft on May 2, 2018. The final Elmhurst Subarea Plans will be approved by the Elmhurst Zoning and Planning Commission and City Council.