2020 Youth Volunteer of the Year Award!
- Volunteer must be an Elmhurst resident (Elmhurst address) live within School District 205 boundaries or attend an Elmhurst school.
- Volunteer must be elementary school age through senior in high school.
- The award is focused on individual achievement.
- The service must be voluntary and unpaid.
- The service must have occurred between March 13, 2020 and the present
- The service must be COVID-19 related.
Note: Family and self-nominations will not be accepted.
Examples of types of service:
- Arts & Culture: Efforts involving museums, performing arts, historical sites and programs; ethnic and cultural exploration and education programs; awareness and education for the arts.
- Community Service: Service to improve a neighborhood or community.
- Education/Literacy: Service in schools or community-based learning programs from youth to seniors.
- Environment: Environmental education, public awareness, protection and/or enhancement.
- Health and Special Needs: Service providing physical and/or mental health care; substance-abuse prevention and/or rehabilitation.
- Human Needs: Child care; youth and community recreation; services to the elderly, people with disabilities, families, and/or children; assistance to homeless or impoverished persons/families; veterans/military families; housing and short-term crisis resolution; or social services.
- Public Safety/Disaster Management: Education about safety, assistance in disaster preparedness or helping victims of natural disaster.
- Social Justice/Advocacy/Economic Opportunity: Efforts to bring together diverse groups within the community that focus on creating and strengthening social ties and/or promote equity and justice.
- Recognition of all Volunteers:
- The recipient will be recognized at city hall during a city council meeting with their guests also present.
Selection of Exemplary Youth Volunteers:
The City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth will coordinate the review and selection. Selection is done via a blind review process.
Nominations will be accepted until February 1, 2021. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.