- Youth / Teen Services
- Exemplary Youth Service Award
Exemplary Youth Service Award
The City of Elmhurst’s Commission on Youth is currently seeking nominees for its 2023 Exemplary Youth Service Award. Eligibility requirements include:
- Volunteer must be an Elmhurst resident (Elmhurst address), live within School District 205 boundaries, or attend an Elmhurst school.
- Volunteer must be elementary school age through senior in high school.
- The award is focused on individual achievement.
- The service must be voluntary and unpaid.
- The service must have occurred between February 1, 2022 to present
Deadline March 1, 2023 to submit nominations.
Note: Family and self-nominations will not be accepted.
A ceremony will be held to honor the award recipients on April 19th at Sandburg Middle School at 7:00 p.m.
Examples of types of service:
- Arts & Culture: Efforts involving museums, performing arts, historical sites and programs; ethnic and cultural exploration and education programs; awareness and education for the arts.
- Community Service: Service to improve a neighborhood or community.
- Education/Literacy: Service in schools or community-based learning programs from youth to seniors.
- Environment: Environmental education, public awareness, protection and/or enhancement.
- Health and Special Needs: Service providing physical and/or mental health care; substance-abuse prevention and/or rehabilitation.
- Human Needs: Child care; youth and community recreation; services to the elderly, people with disabilities, families, and/or children; assistance to homeless or impoverished persons/families; veterans/military families; housing and short-term crisis resolution; or social services.
- Public Safety/Disaster Management: Education about safety, assistance in disaster preparedness or helping victims of natural disaster.
- Social Justice/Advocacy/Economic Opportunity: Efforts to bring together diverse groups within the community that focus on creating and strengthening social ties and/or promote equity and justice.
- Recognition of all Volunteers:
- The recipient will be recognized at city hall during a city council meeting with their guests also present.
Selection of Exemplary Youth Volunteers:
The City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth will coordinate the review and selection. Selection is done via a blind review process.
Nominations will be accepted until March 1, 2023. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
Nomination Form for an individual nomination (Submit Online)
Nomination Form for an individual nomination (Print and Submit Hard Copy)
Nomination Form for a group (Submit Online)
Nomination Form for a group (Print and Submit Hard Copy)
Please contact Jackie.Haddad-Tamer@elmhurst.org with any questions.